Herby Pea Salad
We love spring vegetables. One Mother's Day I came up with this flavorful green salad that everyone enjoyed. You could increase the dressing and mix in some cooked small cooked pasta, like acini de pepe, for a pasta salad. —Ann Sheehy, Lawrence, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 3 small zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 cups frozen petite peas (about 16 ounces), thawed
- 2 tablespoons each minced fresh chives and parsley
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice or white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add leeks; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. In a Dutch oven, place steamer basket over 1 in. of water. In batches, place zucchini and asparagus in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a low boil; steam, covered, 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine peas, leeks, zucchini mixture and herbs. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.