Shaved Fennel Salad
This salad tastes even more impressive than it looks. It has an incredible crunch thanks to the cucumbers, radishes and apples. And the finish of fennel fronds adds just the faintest hint of licorice flavor. —William Milton III, Clemson, South Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 large fennel bulb, fronds reserved
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 medium Honeycrisp apple
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- With a mandoline or vegetable peeler, cut the fennel, cucumber and apple into very thin slices. Transfer to a large bowl; toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Top with radishes and reserved fennel fronds to serve.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 55 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Shaved Fennel, Cucumber and HoneyCrisp Apple in Simple & Delicious June/July 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.