Citrus Fennel Salad
I guarantee guests will love the taste of this unique salad. The pleasant orange flavor pairs well with tender pieces of fennel. —Marion Karlin, Waterloo, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 large fennel bulbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- Salad greens
- Remove fronds from fennel bulbs; set aside for garnish. Cut bulbs into thin slices. In a large skillet, saute fennel slices in oil and butter until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the juices, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir until fennel is tender, 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in orange segments. Serve over salad greens; top with reserved fennel fronds.