Fennel Orange Salad
You'll need just a few ingredients to fix this fresh-tasting salad. The combination of crisp fennel and juicy oranges is delightful. To reduce last-minutes prep, make it the day before you plan to serve it. —Nina Hall of Citrus Heights, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 fennel bulb with fronds (about 3/4 pound)
- 4 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Finely chop enough fennel fronds to measure 1/4 cup; set aside. Cut fennel bulb in half lengthwise; remove and discard the tough outer layer, fennel core and any green stalks. Cut widthwise into thin slices and measure 3 cups; place in a large bowl. Add orange sections.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the orange juice, oil, orange zest, salt and pepper; shake well. Pour over fennel and oranges; toss gently. Sprinkle with reserved fronds.