Cucumber Fennel Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 large cucumbers, sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, onion and fennel. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over cucumber mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 80 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Dec 19, 2015
I would make this again but it needs salt and maybe moreLemon peel. Maybe Ontario in December is not a good test. Everything comes from a hothouse. Nice with venison, clean taste. Janet. FE
Mar 24, 2012
I tried this recipe because cucumbers are one of my favorite veggies and I wanted to try fennel. I found this recipe and decided to try it even though I was not sure it would be a dish my husband would like. We both liked the salad; he took the leftovers to work the next day. Will be making this salad often.
Apr 3, 2010
This is an excellent spring or summer salad. The fennel provides a new twist to the traditional cucumber salad.