Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Grated lemon zest, optional
- Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Add brown sugar, lemon juice and salt; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Drain carrots; add butter mixture and toss gently. If desired, garnish with lemon zest.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 127 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Feb 26, 2017
Delicious! Served them to company and everyone loved them. I microwaved carrot slices and added them to the sauce. Really easy.
Apr 2, 2015
Light, delicious, easy-as-pie, and healthy.
Sep 6, 2013
Glazed carrots are one of my favorite foods in general. These lemon glazed carrots are superb.Coupon for organic carrots:http://printablecouponsanddeals.com/2013/09/1-off-any-two-earthbound-farm-organic-products-48-unpeeled-carrots-at-walmart-3.html