Glazed Cranberry Carrots
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, combine the cranberry sauce, butter, brown sugar, lemon juice and salt. Cook and stir until cranberry sauce is melted and mixture is smooth. Add carrots; stir to coat. Heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 188 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 29, 2016
This is one of our favorite Thanksgiving vegetable sides. Super easy to make & tasty too.
Jun 11, 2014
One of my favorite ways to cook carrots!
Sep 6, 2013
These have a really good winter-y flavor. I love the fact that they don't have cinnamon too. My husband and I both enjoyed these. Coupon for organic carrots:http://printablecouponsanddeals.com/2013/09/1-off-any-two-earthbound-farm-organic-products-48-unpeeled-carrots-at-walmart-3.html
Nov 25, 2010
My family loves this dish. I make it every Thanksgiving.
Apr 17, 2010
We enjoyed this side dish very much. The glaze is nice however I think the flavor of cranberry needs to stand out a bit more in order to distinguish this dish from regular glazed carrots. Thanks for sharing.