Carrots slow-cooked with chutney, Dijon and ginger make a zippy side for a barbecue or potluck. We love serving these carrots with grilled chicken or beef roast. —Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1/3 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons white wine or unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 4 cups)
- Place the first 10 ingredients in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add carrots; toss to combine.
- Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until carrots are tender. Stir before serving.