Carrots slow-cooked with chutney, Dijon and ginger make a zippy side for a barbecue or potluck. We love serving these carrots with grilled chicken or beef roast. —Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1/3 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons white wine or unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 4 cups)
- Place the first 10 ingredients in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add carrots; toss to combine.
- Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until carrots are tender. Stir before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 183 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 714mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Chutney Glazed Carrots in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2015