Apple-Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
Carrots seem so simple, but this recipe is something special. Sweet and buttery, this was a favorite my mother always used to serve at holiday time. —Darlis Wilfer, West Bend, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3-1/4 hours
- 2 pounds medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine carrots and apple juice. Cook, covered, on high until carrots are tender, 3-4 hours.
- Remove carrots from slow cooker; discard juices. Return carrots to slow cooker. Stir in brown sugar, butter and salt. Cook, covered, on high until carrots are glazed, 15-20 minutes longer. If desired, sprinkle with pecans.
Originally published as Candied Carrots in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.