Apple-Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3-1/4 hours
- 2 pounds medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine carrots and apple juice. Cook, covered, on high until carrots are tender, 3-4 hours.
- Remove carrots from slow cooker; discard juices. Return carrots to slow cooker. Stir in brown sugar, butter and salt. Cook, covered, on high until carrots are glazed, 15-20 minutes longer. If desired, sprinkle with pecans.
Apr 3, 2019
I love cooked and roasted carrots, so I'm always looking for new recipes. This is a definite keeper. The glaze was amazing. Sweet without being too sweet. Next time I won't bother draining as there wasn't a lot of juice to drain. Thanks for a great new side dish Darlis.