Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5-1/2 hours
- 2 pounds fresh carrots halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons cold water, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the carrots, marmalade, 1 tablespoon water, brown sugar, butter and seasonings. Cover and cook on low until carrots are tender, 5-6 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into carrot mixture. Cover and cook on high until thickened, about 30 minutes. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 159 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 13, 2015
Love it. Great holiday/fall recipe. Save yourself some time and just buy baby petite carrots. Comes out just fine.
Nov 23, 2014
This makes for a good alternative holiday side. I didn't give it five stars because I felt like the recipe came out a bit bitter. It might have been the marmalade. I always feel like its a tad bitter. So, since I'm from the south, I ended up doubling the brown sugar and butter :) I also thickened it up a bit more with more cornstarch because I like a thick sauce that sticks to the carrot and doesn't run over everything in your plate.
Sep 6, 2013
It was good but not my favorite. I had to leave out the cinnamon due to an allergy and I am sure that is what made the difference. My husband liked his though. (He sprinkled cinnamon on them)
May 21, 2013
Yummy & so easy to just throw in the slow cooker! Nice flavors!~ Theresa
Feb 3, 2013
I do not like carrots but I made this recipe for a family dinner because everyone else likes them. They said the flavor was good but the carrots were still too raw after 6 hours on low and 1/2 hour on high. My mother took the leftovers home and plans to continue cooking them on the stovetop.
Jan 4, 2013
Very good, I made it for my Mom, Dad and sister. My sister dosn't like marmalade but she loved this!
Dec 8, 2011
Very good and another fix it and forget it for a while recipe.
Apr 15, 2010
I'm sure my family will love this recipe. Thanks for the review.
Apr 15, 2010
This is an awesome recipe and so easy to get ready. I think it would make a great alternative to sweet potatoes at the holidays. We added a few chopped pecans when we served these and they were an added delight. Will make this again for sure!!
Jan 19, 2010
I made this carrot recipe for a church dinner and it was very good.