Honey Orange Glazed Carrots
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 2 pounds baby carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh mint or minced fresh parsley
- Place 1 in. of water in a skillet; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute green onions in butter until tender. Stir in the honey, orange zest, salt, cinnamon and pepper. Combine cornstarch and orange juice until smooth; stir into onion mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return carrots to the pan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with mint.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 133 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Apr 1, 2013
Just made this yesterday for Easter dinner. Everyone liked them, especially hard-to-please Husband. I did pre-cook the carrots the day before because we do not like crisp-tender cooked vegetables. I then reheated them for 5 minutes in the microwave while sautéing the onions and continued with the recipe. I will definitely make these again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.