Marmalade Candied Carrots
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- In a large saucepan, place steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place carrots in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a low boil; steam, covered, 12-15 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine marmalade, brown sugar and butter; cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and reduced to about 1/2 cup. Stir in pecans and extract.
- Place carrots in a large bowl. Add marmalade mixture and toss gently to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 211 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 25, 2019
Pretty, Easy and Yummy!
Apr 2, 2018
Just love this recipe. The perfect sweet flavor side dish.
Mar 26, 2018
The entire family love this recipe. I make it a few times a year.
Aug 29, 2017
Wow! These were so good and so simple to prepare! The only change was that I didn't have rum extract, so used rum instead. Family loved these and will definitely make again.
Apr 18, 2015
Delicious! I would make this recipe again. I used a pear lemon marmalade.
Nov 11, 2012
I tried this recipe a few days ago.As much as I love carrots, this recipe proved to be way too sweet.With the leftovers, I rinsed off the marmalade and reheated with good old butter and herbs!
Jun 29, 2012
I pealed and toped my carrotts, the sauce didn't get as thick as I assumed it would get but the taste was wonderful. We had this with the Parmesan Crusted Tilapia (TOH) and the sauce and the pecans on the fish was so yummy too!
Mar 26, 2012
Very good! Didn't have pecans so I used walnuts.
Nov 23, 2011
I didn't have plain pecans, so I used candied pecans instead. It made it even better! My 6 year old asked for seconds!
Apr 25, 2011
For special dinners, this is so tasty!