Sweet ‘n’ Tangy Carrots
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 pounds carrots, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place 1 in. of water, carrots and salt in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Return carrots to pan; add the brown sugar, butter, mustard and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat until well coated. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 143 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 19, 2018
This was a refreshing change of pace! Only made half of the recipe, since there's only 3 of us, and I didn't have any brown sugar, so I just skipped that . Came out really good!
Jul 1, 2017
These carrots are easy to prepare and everyone loves them!! Thanks for the recipe!!
Feb 18, 2017
This was simple and a delicious. A nice change from the honey/brown sugar glazed carrots. I steamed baby carrots separately, then just started with step 2. I added in a dash of salt since I didn't boil the carrots with the salt. I'd make this again.
Aug 11, 2016
I was looking for a change to my standard steamed carrots and gave this recipe a try. Wow! These were absolutely fantastic, and I will definitely make again. What a simple and tasty way to dress up carrots. Wish I could give this 10 stars!
Jan 25, 2016
Dec 29, 2015
Very nice change!
Mar 17, 2013
My family absolutely LOVED these carrots. I added a little italian seasoning and they raved over them. A definite regular now!!!!!
Nov 30, 2012
This is an excellent recipe. I have made it many times for Thanksgiving & Christmas.
Jul 13, 2012
This was a really good recipe. Didn't change a thing! Will be making it again!
Jul 6, 2011
Love these! Perfect side dish for just about anything.