Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 8 cups sliced carrots
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- Place carrots in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook until tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Drain carrots; add onion, soup, mushrooms and Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 142 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 420mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Mar 3, 2018
Updated my review: I'd made recipe again 1/17/18. I used 18-oz. creamy mushroom soup and 4 cups sliced carrots, 1-3/4 to 2 Tbsp. butter and 1/2 tsp. salt for the carrots. The amount of bread crumbs, onion and Parmesan cheese was kept the same.
Dec 28, 2015
I used two cans of cooked carrots, which makes this a very quick and pantry-friendly side dish
Mar 24, 2014
This is the second time I made this dish - the first time I made this my hubby was "trying" to help me out. Bad Idea! He thought I was making sweet potato casserole and ADDED MARSHMALLOWS to this! I didn't realize this until I took it out of the oven.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.