Citrus Rainbow Carrots
I grow lots of carrots and I’m always experimenting with ways to serve them. The first time I made this citrusy recipe for my husband, he said it tasted like Christmas! Although he calls them my "Christmas Carrots," they're tasty anytime; I especially like serving them at Easter, with the array of carrots available in early spring. It's easy to prepare, and can easily be doubled to serve a large group. To save time, I sometimes dice the carrots several days in advance. —Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds medium rainbow or regular carrots, diagonally sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place carrots and enough water to cover in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 8-10 minutes. Drain; return to pan.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cook over medium-high heat until carrots are glazed, 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Test Kitchen Tips