When Lois Harbold of Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania is looking for a streamlined side dish, she turns to this comforting recipe. Convenient frozen carrots are baked in a smooth creamy sauce and topped with bread crumbs for a golden appearance.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine the carrots, soup and cheese. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes; stir. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. bake 10-15 minutes longer or until carrots are tender and mixture is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 245 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 953mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Carrots in Quick Cooking May/June 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.