Cheddar Cheese Carrot
If you "carrot" all about serving up a good time for your guests, plant this playful appetizer on your party menu. I make this for parties, and it catches everyone's eye.—Pam Goodlet, Washington Island, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Fresh parsley springs
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and cheddar cheese for 1 minute. Add the carrot, peanuts, onion and dill; mix well.
- On a serving platter, shape mixture into an 8-in. log, tapering one end to form a carrot shape. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until serving.
- Place parsley at wide end for carrot top. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 95 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Cheddar Cheese Carrot in Country Woman September/October 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.