Sweet Candied Carrots
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into sticks
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Place carrots in a large saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, combine the butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper; cook and stir until butter is melted. Return carrots to the pan; cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until glazed.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 125 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 1, 2019
Great recipe! , I added a dash of lime juice and a pinch of fresh grated ginger along with about a teasp of cornstarch as a thickener to make kind of a glaze and it was outstanding,
Mar 31, 2018
Just made this recipe today. It's excellent and very simple. I added a tiny bit of onion powder to the carrots because my family likes that extra bit of flavor. Definitely a keeper!
Mar 24, 2014
Everyone really liked this recipe.
Dec 17, 2013
Made these for Thanksgiving dinner and they were so very good... everyone of all ages loved them.
Dec 6, 2013
Dec 17, 2012
I made these carrots a couple years, thought they were very good, I just sliced mine. Will make them again this year for Christmas.
Nov 25, 2012
Wow! My mom made this AWESOME RECIPE and it was delicious. Great way to make children eat their veggies.
Jun 9, 2011
These were so good. I will make them again.
Apr 12, 2009
These are so delicious!