Rosemary Root Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place vegetables in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Arrange vegetables in a single layer in two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, stirring once, until tender, 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 78 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 23, 2016
This is a delicious recipe! Oh, the aroma of it cooking was mouth watering! It went perfectly with baked pork chops...no other side dish needed.
May 19, 2011
most awesome recipe!!! I did substitute some of my not so fav vegies for others that i like!