Chive Buttered Carrots
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds carrots, diagonally sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add carrots, seasoned salt and pepper; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until carrots are tender. Sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 134 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein.
Apr 1, 2020
Such a simple and easy side dish that goes with just about anything! We loved the addition of the chives to complement the sweetness of the carrots.
May 13, 2018
Cooked carrots are not my favorite...until now. Such a simple recipe but so delicious. The seasonings are just right and I'm thrilled to have another way to use the fresh chives I have in my garden.
Dec 2, 2015
This has become one of my new favorite side dishes. It is so easy to make and really brightens up the plate. I cannot stand carrot recipes that call for brown sugar, or any other sweet ingredients added to them - carrots are sweet enough in my opinion. The butter with the seasoned salt and pepper is PERFECT. I didn't have chives on hand, so I added some parsley, but I would love to try these with chives as well.
Aug 24, 2011
My family normally does not like cooked carrots, but I decided to try this as I had no other fresh vegetables in the house. It was an immediate success! Even the carrot hater loved them. I have made this recipe again and changed the chives to savory and again to rosemary, the family liked all the different herb changes. I also reduced the water by half. Great recipe!
Aug 12, 2011
I placed the wet carrot slices in a covered glass dish and microwaved them at full power for 10 minutes and saved vitamins and time. I didn't use the full amount of butter and they still turned out great. I liked the seasonings on the carrots and they make them taste better than just the standard butter, salt, and pepper.