- 1-1/2 pounds boneless round steak, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- In a large skillet, cook beef in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, green pepper, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Discard bay leaf. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into meat mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice or noodles.
1 each: 226 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.