Chili Flank Steak
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup V8 juice
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable bag; add the steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from steak. Grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat for 6-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with reserved marinade.
Jul 3, 2012
Easy to make and the taste was delicious. We will definately be cooking steak again this way!
Jun 15, 2011
Absolutely love! We don't eat steak any other way now!
Apr 27, 2011
the best.better than fridays jack steak.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.