Chili Flank Steak
I started making this recipe when we moved from Idaho to Kentucky. It gets so hot here that we use our outdoor grill as often as possible to keep the kitchen cool. My husband loves this juicy steak and its tasty sauce. I like that I can have it ready to marinate in no time. —Karma Henry, Glasgow, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup V8 juice
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour half of the marinade into a shallow dish; add the steak and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from steak. Grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat for 6-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Serve with reserved marinade.
Jul 3, 2012
Easy to make and the taste was delicious. We will definately be cooking steak again this way!
Jun 15, 2011
Absolutely love! We don't eat steak any other way now!
Apr 27, 2011
the best.better than fridays jack steak.