Green Pepper Steak
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-in.-thick strips
- 2 small onions, cut into thin wedges
- 2 celery ribs, sliced diagonally
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Hot cooked rice
- Mix cornstarch, soy sauce and water until smooth. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry beef until browned, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Stir-fry onions, celery and pepper in remaining oil 3 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, 1-2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and beef; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 259 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 647mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 9, 2017
Very good. Quick and colourful. I served it on brown rice. Janet. VFE
Dec 19, 2015
This was a really good I used some stir fry beef I had in the freezer.i used a bag of 3 pepper and onion mix from Ralph's. I will definitely make this again.
Jan 31, 2013
Tastes just like the chinese restaurant.....very flavorful
May 24, 2012
Loved this recipe! It was incredibly tasty and I will be cooking it again!!!
Jan 12, 2012
~ I love this recipe and have used it many times ~ it's quick and it's simple ~ I also add water chestnuts and bean sprouts when I make this recipe