Cajun Grilled Shrimp
The kicked-up marinade on these shrimp makes this a flavor-packed dish. Serve over rice, and make sure to squeeze those charred lemons over top—that makes them taste extra bright and delicious. —Sharon Delaney-Chronis, South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails on
- 4 medium lemons, each cut into 8 wedges
- In a large shallow dish, combine the first 8 ingredients. Add shrimp and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Drain shrimp, discarding marinade. On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread shrimp and lemon wedges.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat until shrimp turn pink, turning once, 6-8 minutes.
Nutrition Facts2 skewers: 168 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 184mg cholesterol, 575mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Cajun-Grilled Shrimp in Simple & Delicious August/September 2018