Firecracker Grilled Salmon
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 5 min.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the salmon; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain salmon, discarding marinade in bag. Place salmon skin side down on a greased grill rack. Grill, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with remaining marinade.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 306 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 367mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Jul 3, 2018
I plan to make this tonight as it sounds so good and the positive reviews convinced me. However, I believe we learn from negative reviews too. Why are they not shown??? I'll rate this after dinner. Thanks.
Apr 8, 2018
This is a great way to make fish. The sauce is super flavorful! You can use this sauce with any fish and you will have a winning dish.
Apr 2, 2018
I've used this recipe several times using steelhead. My husband loves the flavors. It's a keeper!!!
Jan 21, 2018
This might have been some of the best Salmon I’ve ever had! It was super moist, wildly flavorful, and fast to put together. This recipe is definitely a keeper.
Nov 27, 2017
This was so good. We ate every bit! I will make this again. One of the top salmon recipes I've made.
Jul 5, 2017
Made this for our 4th of July BBQ. I doubled the recipe which served 15 with no leftovers (we had burgers too). This is honestly the best recipe I've tried. I'm from the northwest where salmon is prepared regularly since it's so plentiful. Everyone commented on how good it was. I used wild sockeye salmon and put the filets in foil and BBQ for 6 minutes in one side and 3 on the other. Perfect! Also, I marinated them 5 hours. I will be making this again.
Sep 7, 2016
This salmon is so delicious! I followed the recipe and BBQ'd it. We loved it and I'll definitely make it again and again.
Sep 13, 2015
This was delicious. So easy and tastes just like some I've had in restaurants cooked on a cedar plank but without the plank. Will definitely make again.
Dec 17, 2013
I have received rave reviews every time I have made this recipe. ... I don't tell anyone how easy it is!
Sep 6, 2012
Just used a pinch of the red pepper flakes as we don't like things too spicy. The flavors are great, especially being cooked on the grill. Thanks for the recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.