Balsamic-Glazed Tuna Steaks
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 tuna steaks (3/4 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Sprinkle tuna with pepper and salt. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fish, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with fish.
Nutrition Facts1 tuna steak with 1 tablespoon sauce: 210 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 505mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 40g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 8, 2018
Used with the broiler. Family approved! Will make more sauce next time.
Aug 10, 2015
Excellent tuna! I used yellowfin and cooked it under the broiler.
Jan 6, 2013
was not that inpressed i have had better tuna steak dinners will not make agien
Aug 15, 2011
Just a little less pepper and it's perfect!
Oct 7, 2009
Very easy to prepare and my husband loved it! Not too salty, but adds nice touch to sometimes bland tuna. Similar flavor to kettle corn - slightly sweet and lightly salty. A true meal in minutes!