Tuna Teriyaki Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds tuna steaks, cut into 1-1/2-in. chunks
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (5 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Thread tuna chunks onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Thread pepper and onion pieces onto four more skewers. Place skewers in a 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Whisk together marinade ingredients. Reserve half of mixture for salad dressing. Pour remaining marinade over skewers; refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- Grill kabobs, covered, on a greased grill rack over medium heat, turning occasionally, until tuna is slightly pink in center for medium-rare (2-3 minutes per side) and vegetables are crisp-tender (10-12 minutes). Remove tuna kabobs from direct heat and keep warm while vegetables finish grilling.
- For salad, toss spinach, yellow pepper and cherry tomatoes with reserved dressing. For each portion, serve a tuna kabob and vegetable kabob over salad.
Nutrition Facts2 kabobs: 389 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 444mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 45g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat.
Aug 1, 2017
I found the sesame oil to be overpowering, as least for my tastes.
Apr 10, 2017
Our family likes this entree. Not the same-old dinner offering, plus no new cooking techniques to learn or new foods to try. Great color, great presentation, and very nutritious. With 3 men to feed in the family, I added to the food amount and would not have had enough marinade for the salad; therefore, I bought some Sesame Asian dressing and added some Siriacha and dressed the salad with that--also wonderful. I had to eliminate the cilantro from the marinade since some family members don't get into that flavor. Have made several times already!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.