Tuna Teriyaki Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds tuna steaks, cut into 1-1/2-in. chunks
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (5 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Thread tuna chunks onto 4 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Thread pepper and onion pieces onto 4 more skewers. Place skewers in a 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Whisk together marinade ingredients. Reserve half of mixture for salad dressing. Pour remaining marinade over skewers; refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- Grill kabobs, covered, on a greased grill rack over medium heat, turning occasionally, until tuna is slightly pink in center for medium-rare (2-3 minutes per side) and vegetables are crisp-tender (10-12 minutes). Remove tuna kabobs from direct heat and keep warm while vegetables finish grilling.
- For salad, toss spinach, yellow pepper and cherry tomatoes with reserved dressing. For each portion, serve a tuna kabob and vegetable kabob over salad.
Nutrition Facts2 kabobs: 389 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 444mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 45g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat.
Aug 1, 2017
I found the sesame oil to be overpowering, as least for my tastes.
Apr 10, 2017
Our family likes this entree. Not the same-old dinner offering, plus no new cooking techniques to learn or new foods to try. Great color, great presentation, and very nutritious. With 3 men to feed in the family, I added to the food amount and would not have had enough marinade for the salad; therefore, I bought some Sesame Asian dressing and added some Siriacha and dressed the salad with that--also wonderful. I had to eliminate the cilantro from the marinade since some family members don't get into that flavor. Have made several times already!