Grilled Mushroom Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 16 pearl onions
- 20 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add pearl onions; boil 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Peel.
- On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread mushrooms and onions, skewering mushrooms horizontally through cap. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine vinegar, butter, garlic, salt and pepper; microwave, covered, on high for 30-45 seconds or until butter is melted. Whisk to combine. Reserve half of the vinegar mixture for serving. Brush kabobs with remaining vinegar mixture.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning occasionally and basting frequently with vinegar mixture. If desired, sprinkle with parsley; serve with reserved vinegar mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob: 161 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 393mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 30, 2018
Made these as a side for grilled steak. I will definitely do again. I made as written and don't have any alterations I would suggest for next time.
Jun 18, 2018
I think I would replace the pearl onions with Cipollini! They are amazing and I suspect with equal size mushrooms and the balsamic, HEAVEN!!!!