Grilled Mushroom Kabobs
Earthy grilled mushrooms taste like flame-kissed goodness. The balsamic vinegar adds just enough tanginess to the savory side. —Melissa Hoddinott, Sherwood Park, Alberta
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 16 pearl onions
- 20 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add pearl onions; boil 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Peel.
- On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread mushrooms and onions, skewering mushrooms horizontally through cap. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine vinegar, butter, garlic, salt and pepper; microwave, covered, on high for 30-45 seconds or until butter is melted. Whisk to combine. Reserve half of the vinegar mixture for serving. Brush kabobs with remaining vinegar mixture.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning occasionally and basting frequently with vinegar mixture. If desired, sprinkle with parsley; serve with reserved vinegar mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob: 161 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 393mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Mushroom Kebobs in Grill It 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.