Grilled Mushroom Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 16 pearl onions
- 20 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add pearl onions; boil 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Peel.
- On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread mushrooms and onions, skewering mushrooms horizontally through cap. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine vinegar, butter, garlic, salt and pepper; microwave, covered, on high for 30-45 seconds or until butter is melted. Whisk to combine. Reserve half of the vinegar mixture for serving. Brush kabobs with remaining vinegar mixture.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning occasionally and basting frequently with vinegar mixture. If desired, sprinkle with parsley; serve with reserved vinegar mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob: 161 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 393mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 30, 2018
Made these as a side for grilled steak. I will definitely do again. I made as written and don't have any alterations I would suggest for next time.
Jun 18, 2018
I think I would replace the pearl onions with Cipollini! They are amazing and I suspect with equal size mushrooms and the balsamic, HEAVEN!!!!