Ever since I found this recipe in a magazine years ago, these seafood-stuffed morsels have been making my family and friends merry every Christmas.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 36 large fresh mushrooms (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped onions
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Finely chop stems. In a skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter; saute stems and onions until tender.
- In a bowl, combine crab and lemon juice. Add onion mixture, mayonnaise, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; mix well. Stuff into mushroom caps; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over mushrooms. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm.