Contest-Winning Grilled Asian Flank Steak
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce, warmed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted, optional
- In a shallow dish, combine the first 7 ingredients; add steak and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain. Drizzle with hoisin sauce; garnish with onions. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 193 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Sep 29, 2010
My fiance was very skeptical about the marinade and the idea of flank steak but it was the best steak we've made at home! This is my go to recipe for anytime we have flank steak!!!
May 2, 2010
This was really good. We didn't even need the hoisin sauce with it!