Spicy Flank Steak
The cool and creamy sour cream sauce in this recipe is a wonderful accompaniment to the spicy steak. If you prefer, you can grill the steak over medium-high heat rather than broiling. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder and celery salt; cover and refrigerate until serving. Combine the chili sauce, lime juice, pepper flakes and salt; brush on each side of steak.
- Broil 2-3 in. from the heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), 4-6 minutes on each side. Let stand for 5 minutes. To serve, thinly slice across the grain. Serve with sour cream sauce.
Flank steak is one of many cuts of lean beef. It packs in 10 essential nutrients, including more than 20 grams of protein per serving. Other lean cuts include top sirloin steak, strip steak and tenderloin.