Flank Steak Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound beef flank steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned carrot
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce and pepper until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet, stir-fry the beef, broccoli, mushrooms, red pepper, carrot and ginger in oil until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir broth mixture; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 269 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 678mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 16, 2016
Loved this recipe.
Feb 28, 2010
This was a quick and very easy recipe to make. The only thing that I did different was I used can mushrooms sense I didn't have any fresh. I used fresh broccoli. We did serve this with white rice. My family loved it. We didn't have any leftovers.