Curried Beef Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/8 inch strips
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup cold water
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger and 2 tablespoons oil. Add beef; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat remaining oil. Stir-fry beef over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Remove beef and set aside. In the same skillet, stir-fry the onion for 1 minute; add peppers and celery. Stir fry for 2 minutes; return beef to the skillet. Combine water, cornstarch and curry powder until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Serve over rice or noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 323 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 757mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 25, 2013
Excellent! Our family really enjoyed this. I made a few additions; added cauliflower, carrots, broccoli, and sugar snap peas, and skipped the celery.
Aug 18, 2011
best stir fry recipe i have ever made!! Used venison meat and it turned out excellent!! Plan on making for a future dinner party for friends!
Dec 10, 2009
This is my husband's favorite with a few variations. We use cut up boneless skinless chicken breasts instead of the beef. And Frozen peppers. I don't know how many times I have been asked for this recipe.