Flank Steak with Cilantro Salsa Verde
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 beef flank steak or top sirloin steak, 1 inch thick (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 160°), 6-9 minutes per side. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, process salsa and cilantro in a food processor until blended. Slice steak thinly across the grain; serve with salsa mixture, avocado and tomato.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 263 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Jul 10, 2015
Wonderful flavoring, easy to put together, and turns out beautifully. I will definitely make again.
Sep 20, 2013
My husband loved this. He wants me to make it again this week. Leftovers make great sandwiches.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.