Flank Steak with Cilantro Salsa Verde
Even though steak is always a winner in our house, to make it even more special I add jarred salsa verde and top with freshly chopped tomato and avocado. —Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 beef flank steak or top sirloin steak, 1 inch thick (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 160°), 6-9 minutes per side. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, process salsa and cilantro in a food processor until blended. Slice steak thinly across the grain; serve with salsa mixture, avocado and tomato.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 263 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Originally published as Flank Steak Verde with Tomato and Avocado in Simple & Delicious August/September 2013
Jul 10, 2015
Wonderful flavoring, easy to put together, and turns out beautifully. I will definitely make again.
Sep 20, 2013
My husband loved this. He wants me to make it again this week. Leftovers make great sandwiches.