Asian Flank Steak Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked thin rice noodles
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds), cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large bowl, soak noodles in boiling water for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin sauce, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper until blended; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the vegetable blend and carrots in 1 teaspoon oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry beef in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir soy sauce mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Drain noodles. Stir noodles and vegetables into beef mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 294 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 757mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Mar 26, 2011
Our family of 5 really enjoyed this meal. Very delicious flavors. My kids are ages 10, 8 and 5 and they all enjoyed it. My husband inhaled what was left of it when he got home from work. It was easy to make, super tasty, and light. Thanks so much for this great recipe!
Oct 29, 2010
Excellent! My kids loved it. I made the recipe as directed except I substituted ginger for the gingerroot. And I didn't have frozen stir-fry veggies. I used fresh brocoli florets and briefly steamed then in a little bit of water in the wok. The Next time I would double the sauce recipe, though.
Oct 15, 2008
Apparently I used the wrong noodles (rice noodles in a can?) because they were mushy after 10min of soaking. I liked the overall taste . . . I'll just used cooked rice on the side next time instead of the noodles.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.