- 4 ounces uncooked thin rice noodles
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds), cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large bowl, soak noodles in boiling water for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin sauce, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper until blended; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the vegetable blend and carrots in 1 teaspoon oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry beef in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir soy sauce mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Drain noodles. Stir noodles and vegetables into beef mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
1-1/4 cups: 294 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 757mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.