Flank Steak with Horseradish Sauce
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- HORSERADISH SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Using a sharp knife, score the surface of the steak with shallow diagonal cuts at 1-in. intervals, making diamond shapes. Repeat on other side.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the next five ingredients. Add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well done, 170°). Thinly slice steak across the grain; serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1/4 ounce-weight: 225 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Jul 8, 2016
Excellent main dish. Of course as always I press the garlic, not mince it for a marinade because I want the flavor. Very simple marinade, with a very simple and delicious sauce. Family loved it, even the kids. Tender, juicy and full of flavor. Served it with corn and a Caesar salad.
Nov 4, 2012
This is oh so good. We've grilled it multiple times. If you are out of green onions, don't worry...the sauce is fine without them.~ Theresa
Jul 5, 2012
This is sooo good. You can grill or broil the steak and it tastes equally delicious.
Oct 28, 2011
Excellent. I only had horseradish sauce on hand; so I used 3 teaspoons.
Jan 12, 2011
As a weight watchers member, I rely on the Light & Tasty as well as Healthy Cooking and to date all of the 4-5 star recipes have always been a 'hit' with my family. This flank steak recipe in particular - I look forward to enjoying it medium rare at least twice a month.
Feb 2, 2010
have made this recipe over and over - before this recipe flank steak was always tough - a very good recipe addition on my WW plan. The horseradish sauce is the 'icing on the cake' as you would say. A "keeper" says my husband.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.