Hot ‘n’ Spicy Flank Steak
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a shallow dish; add steak and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate for 1-3 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), basting frequently with remaining marinade. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Thinly slice steak across the grain.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 201 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 326mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Aug 1, 2015
Great marinade! We really liked this.
Feb 25, 2013
I LOVE this recipe!!! I have been making this recipe for years for family gatherings and it never fails to WOW!!Excellent blend of sweet,spicy,sour and salty!!
May 8, 2011
Perfect blend of sweet and spicy. So easy to make!
Mar 2, 2011
The flavor of this steak was outstanding. It wasn't too hot but it had a little kick. Definitely a keeper.
Mar 4, 2010
This was so good. The whole family loved it. i used sesame oil insted of canola oil and a 1 3/4 london broil. 6 minutes on each side and it was perfect