Mexican Fiesta Steak Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless beef top loin steak, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen pepper strips, thawed
- 1-1/3 cups chopped sweet onion
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef and garlic in oil until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add peppers and onion to pan; stir-fry until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, chilies, salt, oregano, pepper and beef; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups (calculated without rice): 247 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 473mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
May 20, 2017
I will use fresh peppers next time. The thawed peppers were too moist.
Feb 27, 2012
Excellent! Do not drain the peppers or the chilis... I think we are all 'trained' from making other recipes to do this but the extra juices help with the rice! Delish and VERY diabetes friendly, use brown rice instead for better 'diabetic' results... will DEFINITELY make this again!