Flank Steak with Orange Sauce
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Broil: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- In a small bowl, combine first six ingredients. Reserve 1/2 cup mixture for serving. Add oil and ginger to remaining orange sauce; pour into a shallow dish. Add flank steak and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight. Cover and refrigerate reserved marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from steak. Place steak on a broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from heat 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, warm reserved orange sauce until heated through. Thinly slice steak across the grain; serve with orange sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 289 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
May 1, 2011
Loved this recipe! I cooked it on the outdoor grill instead of under the broiler.
Jan 10, 2010
Was not impressed by this at all. I don't think the orange and honey go well with flank steak. Not very good flavor. For flank steak I much prefer Quick Cooking's recipe for "Tender Flank Steak" from Gayle Bucknam. Definitely will not be making this one again.