Flank Steak with Orange Sauce
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Broil: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- In a small bowl, combine first six ingredients. Reserve 1/2 cup mixture for serving. Add oil and ginger to remaining orange sauce; pour into a large resealable bag. Add flank steak; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight. Cover and refrigerate reserved marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from steak. Place steak on a broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from heat 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, warm reserved orange sauce until heated through. Thinly slice steak across the grain; serve with orange sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 289 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
May 1, 2011
Loved this recipe! I cooked it on the outdoor grill instead of under the broiler.
Jan 10, 2010
Was not impressed by this at all. I don't think the orange and honey go well with flank steak. Not very good flavor. For flank steak I much prefer Quick Cooking's recipe for "Tender Flank Steak" from Gayle Bucknam. Definitely will not be making this one again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.