Flavorful Marinated Flank Steak
Add a salad and crusty rolls to this full-flavored steak, and you have a simple but excellent meal for family or guests. This steak is also great cooked on the grill.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Broil: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef flank steak
- In a shallow dish, combine the first 6 ingredients. Cut an 1/8-in.-deep diamond pattern into both sides of steak. Place in dish and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place steak on a broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 208 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 531mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Originally published as Marinated Flank Steak in Taste of Home April/May 2005
Feb 18, 2014
This is THE BEST recipe of all time! Everyone raves about how tender and flavorful the meat is. I serve it with mashed potatoes and green beans. ALWAYS A HIT!
Jul 30, 2012
Delicious flavor and takes just minutes to prepare marinade.