Flavorful Marinated Flank Steak
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Broil: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef flank steak
- In a shallow dish, combine the first 6 ingredients. Cut an 1/8-in.-deep diamond pattern into both sides of steak. Place in dish and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place steak on a broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 208 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 531mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 18, 2014
This is THE BEST recipe of all time! Everyone raves about how tender and flavorful the meat is. I serve it with mashed potatoes and green beans. ALWAYS A HIT!
Jul 30, 2012
Delicious flavor and takes just minutes to prepare marinade.