Orange Spiced Ham Steak
I turn orange marmalade, mustard and just a hint of ginger into a glaze for ham that comes together super quick, but feels extra special. And that makes it perfect for when I’m entertaining brunch guests! —Connie Moore, Medway, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 bone-in fully cooked ham steak (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown ham 3-4 minutes on each side; drain. Return to skillet.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Spoon over ham. Cook, covered, until heated through, 1-2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 188 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 885mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Spiced Ham Steak in Quick Cooking November/December 2001