Beef Strip Vegetable Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a large bowl, combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons soy sauce until smooth. Add beef; stir to coat.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the green peppers and onions in oil for 3 minutes; add beef. Cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and meat is no longer pink. Stir in remaining soy sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 254 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 658mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Jul 24, 2012
Easy to make! I used a little less soy sauce and added some garlic powder.
Aug 9, 2011
This is one of our new favorite recipes. It's so simple and quick to make. The only thing we do differently is add water chestnuts.
Sep 6, 2010
This tasted very good - I ran out of soy sauce so I added a little water and Worcestershire sauce. It was really good and filling with just the one cup. I did add two small flour tortilla. My boyfriend loved it and it filled him up with three tortillas! I am hooked!
Aug 6, 2009
Excellent, definitly saving this one
Jun 9, 2009
Nice basic recipe, thank you