BBQ Beef & Vegetable Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Toss beef with soy sauce, garlic and pepper. Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add beef mixture; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until beef is browned. Remove from pan.
- Add vegetables; stir-fry 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in barbecue sauce and beef; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup beef mixture with 3/4 cup rice: 387 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 673mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
May 25, 2017
Very much like the recipe I use, except I use all green peppers. I don't like the sweeter red peppers. Great, quick meal!!
Feb 8, 2016
I was amazed at how quick and easy this was to put together. Simply delicious!
Apr 26, 2015
We had this tonight for dinner and it was delicious. I did use red and yellow peppers because this is what we like. Delish.
Apr 12, 2015
Great quick stir fry with minimal chopping. The BBQ flavor was very subtle. Definitely a keeper for nights when something quick is needed.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.