Corned Beef Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 7 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli corned beef
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk 4 tablespoons oil, vinegar, sugar, celery seed and salt until sugar is dissolved; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the cabbage, carrots and onions in remaining oil for 15-16 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in vinegar-oil mixture and corned beef. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. If desired, serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 243 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 629mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 13, 2018
Did the chicken broth simmer make the veggies softer? The oil does not seem to excessive since the first oil is important to make the vinegar/sugar mixture a sauce to flavor the veggie/corned beef mixture. Then it is a taste preference in the long run. To each his own. Enjoyed
Mar 14, 2017
Great recipe except for all of the oil! Why is it needed? I used coconut oil to saute the veggies, but added no extra oil to the vinegar/sugar mixture. I did moisten the stir fry with chicken broth and let it simmer while the rice was cooking.
Jun 24, 2014
Really good. I went 1 1/2 for the oil mixture and did not add the rice. clr
May 9, 2011
Take this to a church potluck was a major hit. I've also made it with turkey corn beef was still good