Stir-Fried Steak and Veggies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflowerets
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, whisk together the first eight ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- In a skillet or wok, stir-fry steak in oil for 3-5 minutes. Add broccoli, cauliflower, onion, carrots and soy sauce mixture; cover and cook for 8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 286 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1008mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Nov 11, 2019
This was great and I used frozen vegetables and marinated my beef in teriyaki sauce. I just wish the sauce was a little thicker
May 25, 2018
Taste great. Quick and easy! Love this recipe.
Nov 29, 2016
This is excellent! I used mushrooms instead of cauliflower and doubled the sauce to serve over rice. I also always season the meat with a bit of steak spice just to add extra flavor to the meat. Can't wait to try it again with snow peas or sugar snap peas and serve over noodles.
Jan 23, 2016
Very good. I didn't have cauliflower so I omitted that and added red pepper, celery and bamboo shoots. Will definitely make again!
Aug 22, 2014
This recipe is fabulous! I made it for the first time for supper and wouldn't change a thing, except for adding green peppers, fresh garlic , and patty pan squash. The sauce goes perfectly with the veggies and makes a delicious and satisfying dish! My family loved it and I'm sure I'll be making this recipe over and over again!
Jun 5, 2013
Excellent stir fry. My wife loved that I made this for dinner. This is my new go to recipe for steak and vegetables stir fry.
Nov 13, 2012
Added a bag of frozen sugar snap beans too.
Jan 31, 2011
This a very good and easy recipe. I did double the sauce and served on noodles. Soo good and the family loved it.
Jul 14, 2010
The chili powder gives just a hint of heat. Easy and yummy!
Feb 25, 2010
This recipe is easy and very good!