Beef Orange Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 3 cups frozen sugar snap stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 1 teaspoon oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Stir-fry vegetable blend and garlic in remaining oil for 3 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups with 1/2 cup rice: 390 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 396mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 5, 2018
This was very good. I also added fresh cut up cauliflower & sweet red pepper & doubled the sauce.
Nov 27, 2013
I've been making this recipe for years now, only I use fresh vegetables. The taste is soooo much better. The only thing that I add is a little bit of brown sugar. It helps to get the acidity of the orange juice down. Makes for a GREAT combination.