Flavorful Beef Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine,apple juice or water
- 1 pound beef top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen pea pods, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, undrained
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce and wine, apple juice or water until smooth; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; set aside.
- In a large skillet, stir-fry the broccoli, carrots, pea pods and onion in 1 tablespoon oil for 1 minute. Stir in water chestnuts. Cover and simmer for 4 minutes; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry beef in remaining oil until meat reaches desired doneness. Return vegetables to pan; toss. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 313 calories, 12g fat (0 saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 466mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 7g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Dec 7, 2018
Love this recipe! Very easy and quick!!!!!
Oct 1, 2013
Very good but not things you would have on hand. This has to be planned ahead.
Jun 6, 2013
We thought that this was just okay- other than the salty soy sauce (and I did use light), there wasn't a ton of flavor. The cornstarch mixture thickens almost instantly, making the beef cooking process rather...gloppy. The flavor wasn't terrible, or anything, we just didn't find it really special, either. If I do make this again, I will most certainly use frozen broccoli and carrots instead of fresh to cut down on prep time.
Aug 19, 2012
Excellent! Just like what you would get from a good Chinese restaurant. Made this with venison round steak and it turned out really well.
Jan 1, 2012
I just follow the recipe for the sauce and I add frozen vegetables and either chicken or beef
Jul 31, 2010
Have made this several times. We don't care for the pea pods so I substituted frozen soy beans for them. Think it was tastier and certainly healthier.