Beef Pineapple Stir Fry
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min.
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas
- 3/4 cup DOLE unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth; set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 1 teaspoon oil for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Stir-fry carrots and onion in remaining oil for 4 minutes. Add green pepper and snow peas; stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef and pineapple; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 388 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 324mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 5g fiber), 29g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 4, 2015
This was good. We enjoyed it but have other stir fry recipes we prefer.
May 12, 2012
I loved this!! I did all the prep work before hand so all I had to do was throw together and cook, made it simple. Yummmm.
Aug 28, 2011
did not have pineapple & tidbits, used lemonade. excellent.
Feb 21, 2011
What did I do wrong? Everything was looking yummy, but I went to add the cornstarch mixture to the pan, everything went to goo! The carrots and other vegetables globbed up and everything looked like glue! (no worries about bringint it to a boil, there really was no liquid to boil!) However, I proceeded with the recipe, added the beef and pineapple and dinner was a success! I love the pineapple; I would add more next time. But if you could tell me how to prevent everything from clumping together next time, I'd sure appreciate it! (was the cornstarch mixture supposed to be hot when added to the pan?)
Feb 18, 2011
Great way to use up leftover pot roast! Instead of soaking raw meat I cut of the meat from our roast and soaked it for the greater part of the day and then just popped in in the microwave before adding it to the stir-fry!
Feb 16, 2011
Qucik, easy, and very tasty!
Feb 15, 2011
I don't eat red meat so I substituted chicken into it and it was great. I love Chinese food and will be making this or variations of this at least twice a month
Feb 3, 2010
I had done all the cutting up and prep work earlier, so when I went to cook it, it was super fast and super easy. But all veggie prep could be done while the meat marinades.This was so tasty. I don't have a lot of recipes for red meat (that isn't ground beef), but this one is a keeper for sure!!