Pineapple-Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Hot cooked brown rice
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Mix cornstarch, soy sauce, honey, cinnamon and reserved juice until smooth. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat; saute chicken until lightly browned, 4-6 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, saute onion, ginger and garlic in remaining oil until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to pan with chicken and pineapple chunks. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until sauce is thickened and chicken is cooked through, 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with rice. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup chicken mixture: 316 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 487mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Dec 6, 2019
OMG I made this recipe EXACTLY as written for a bunco potluck. The dish was almost literally licked dry. LOL needless to say I had to reprint the recipe 11 additional times. Thank you Sue for sharing the recipe.
Jun 9, 2019
I added a cup of chicken stock and omitted the cinnamon, plus added sauteed sweet pepper, and onion, and celery cut on the diagonal and this turned out 5* p.s. it really did need chicken stock.
Apr 19, 2018
Made this for supper tonight and it was very good. My husband wants me to make it sometime using shrimp instead of chicken. The flavors blend nicely to make a delicious sauce for the rice.
Apr 4, 2018
Very good! I made a half-recipe for the two of us and we enjoyed it. Next time I will try it without the cinnamon.
Feb 24, 2018
When we got our Simple and Delicious magazine for February/March 2018 I couldn't wait to try this. Had this delicious dish for dinner tonight. The cinnamon really gives it a great flavor! Thank you Sue for sharing your recipe.