Pineapple and Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 4 cups sliced cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Cut pineapple in half; remove fruit, leaving 1-in. shells. Set shells aside for serving; cut fruit into cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, onion, celery, raisins, almonds and 1 cup cubed pineapple (refrigerate remaining pineapple for another use).
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, pineapple juice, mustard, curry and salt; add to chicken salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Line pineapple shells with lettuce if desired; fill with chicken salad.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 351 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Dec 3, 2017
let chicken salad sit one day in fridge. Chicken turned to mush. Used only white meat cut in fairly large chunks after it was chilled. Meat was not overcooked. Sauce tasted great, but texture was ruined. What did I do wrong. Used regular mayo